The elements and flavours on this dish mix fantastically. Cauliflower steaks are so versatile and work effectively with a complete array of various spices and flavours – so get experimenting! This makes a tremendous Sunday lunch different.
Prep time: quarter-hour | Cooking time: 45 minutes
- 350g new potatoes, halved
- Olive oil, for drizzling and sautéing
- ⅔ tsp garlic salt
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- 4 tsp water
- ½ giant cauliflower, sliced lengthways into 2 steaks 2cm thick
- ½ tsp floor cumin
- 1 tsp floor cinnamon
- ¼ tsp smoked candy paprika
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 200g frozen peas
- 200-300ml vegetable inventory
- Handful of micro salad, to garnish (non-obligatory)
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan/Gasoline 6.
- Parboil the brand new potatoes in a pan of salted boiling water for about 5 minutes, or till they only start to melt, then drain. Fluff them up by giving them a very good shake within the colander, then tip right into a roasting tin. Drizzle over a small quantity of olive oil and toss effectively. Sprinkle over the garlic salt and toss effectively once more. Roast for 45 minutes till golden and crispy.
- In the meantime, combine collectively the maple syrup and water, then brush each side of every cauliflower steak with a skinny layer of the combination. Sprinkle over the cumin, cinnamon and paprika, coating each side.
- Place the steaks on a baking tray and roast for round 20 to 25 minutes till cooked and the perimeters are turning golden.
- In the meantime, make the purée. In a saucepan over a medium warmth, sauté the garlic in olive oil, with a pinch of salt, for a couple of minutes. Add the peas and sufficient vegetable inventory to half-cover the peas, and simmer for 10 minutes. Switch every part to a blender (or use a stick blender) and blitz till easy.
- Divide the pea purée between two plates, season, then place the cauliflower steaks on prime and scatter around the roasted potatoes. Garnish with micro salad, if utilizing.
Recipe from The Medicinal Chef Plant-Primarily based Eating regimen by Dale Pinnock (Hamlyn, £20). Order your copy from The Telegraph Bookshop