RICHMOND, Va. — This dish is certain to impress. Government Chef Ausar AriAnkh of the Kitchen Magician Catering Firm shares a Pan-Seared Salmon with Caramelized Mushrooms, Roasted Fingerling Potatoes. For extra details about Chef Ausar AriAnkh, take a look at his website.
· 4 4oz items salmon
· 3 Cups fingerling potatoes
· 1 shallot- diced
· 8 ounces mushrooms (cremini, shiitake)
· 1 Tablespoon olive oil
· 1 Tablespoon butter
· Salt and pepper to style
· Lemon zest and lemon juice
· 4 sprigs of recent thyme
Spring Pea Truffle Sauce
· 2 Cups recent shucked peas, blanched briefly (or use frozen)
· ½ C water
· 2 Tablespoon olive oil
· 1 Tablespoon recent lemon juice
· 1 Tablespoon truffle oil
· ¾ teaspoon salt
· ¼ teaspoon white pepper
· 1 small garlic clove
· ⅓ C recent tarragon or Italian Parsley
1. Cook dinner fingerling potatoes in salted boiling water till tender, about 15-20 minutes. Drain potatoes and place in a bowl. Toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, parsley and recent thyme. Roast in oven for 10-Quarter-hour till Golden
2. Blanch recent peas in salted boiling water, till simply cooked, about 2 minutes, or till they float. Rinse with ice chilly water to shock them and cease the cooking course of (to assist them keep inexperienced).
3. Place peas in blender with the remainder of the pea sauce elements, and mix till very easy. Place in a saucepan and don’t warmth till proper earlier than serving.
4. Sauté mushrooms and shallots in butter, over medium warmth, till tender, about 5-7 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, put aside.
5. Season each side of fish with salt and pepper, lemon zest and juice.
6. In a big skillet, warmth oil over medium excessive warmth. As soon as scorching, sear the fish for about 3-4 minutes. Turnover and prepare dinner for a pair extra minutes or place in a heat oven- till cooked to 145 levels.
7. Warmth pea sauce over medium warmth, don’t boil, simply gently warmth to maintain its colour vibrant.
8. To plate: Divide the pea sauce amongst plates. High with potatoes, then place the fish on prime of the potatoes. High with the mushrooms. End with few drops of truffle oil over the mushrooms and a sprig of recent herb. Serve instantly… and luxuriate in!