“This dish is an elevated model of the plain previous baked potato,” says Jesse Denes, vice chairman at Schaller & Weber a New York Metropolis butcher based in 1937. “We adore it for sport days as a result of it’s a fast and straightforward various to typical tailgate snacks which can be assured to impress and fulfill visitors.”
Loaded Bacon Potato Boats created by Nina Fraizer Hansen for Schaller & Weber
Makes 4 servings
Prep time: 1 hour
Cook dinner time: 1 hour 45 minutes
- 4 massive Idaho potatoes
- ½ pound Schaller & Weber bacon or bacon of selection
- 1 medium yellow onion, sliced into skinny strips
- 6-8 cloves of garlic, peeled
- ¼ pound string beans, chopped into thirds
- ¼ pound grape tomatoes
- 4 teaspoons sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup entire milk
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Pre-heat oven to 350° F. Wash and rinse potatoes. Pat dry and pierce the potato skins with a fork. Place potatoes on a baking sheet and bake for one hour.
- Whereas the potatoes are cooking, put together the opposite elements. Slice bacon into 6-8 thick strips. Place in a sauté pan set on medium-low warmth till bacon fats has been rendered, and the strips are golden with out being crisp. Take away bacon from the pan, leaving the fats.
- Slice onion into skinny strips and add to the rendered bacon fats, cooking over medium-low warmth for 20 minutes. Add the garlic to the onions and cook dinner for one more 20 minutes till each the onions and garlic are golden brown. Take away onions and garlic from the bacon fats and put aside.
- Chop string beans into thirds, slice cherry tomatoes in half and cook dinner each in the identical pan with the bacon fats used beforehand for the onions and garlic over low warmth for 10 minutes. Put aside.
- Take away the potatoes from the oven. Lower in half and scoop out the insides right into a mixing bowl, set the skins apart. Add entire milk, salt and pepper to the potatoes with the onions and garlic, then purée with a hand blender. If you do not have a hand blender, purée the onions and garlic in a meals processor, then mash the puréed garlic and onions with salt and pepper into the potatoes and milk. Add string beans and tomatoes to the potato combination and incorporate elements by hand (being cautious to not smash the tomatoes).
- Scoop the potato combination again into the skins positioned on a baking sheet. Tuck 1-2 bacon strips into every potato boat, prime with Parmesan cheese and place again into the oven for 15-25 minutes, till the cheese is melted and golden brown.
- Take away the potatoes from the oven. Enable them to chill for 5-10 minutes earlier than serving.