RICHMOND, Va. — Do that celebratory dessert on your subsequent patriotic occasion! Right this moment, Govt Chef Ausar AriAnkh of the Kitchen Magician Catering Firm is right here with a scrumptious crimson, white and blue cobbler. For extra details about Chef Ausar AriAnkh, try his website.
1/2 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 cups of quartered strawberries
2 cups of Blueberries
2 cups of blackberries
1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
1 1/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus further for dusting
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons chilly unsalted butter, reduce into cubes
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 giant egg
2 tablespoons turbinado sugar, reminiscent of Sugar within the Uncooked
Vanilla ice cream, for serving, elective
- Preheat the oven to 400 levels F.
- For the filling: In a big bowl, mix the granulated sugar and cornstarch; whisk till totally combined. Add the berries and lemon zest and stir till the berries are fully coated. Pour the combination right into a 2-quart casserole dish or into 6 particular person ramekins.
- For the topping: Sift collectively the flour, granulated sugar, baking powder and salt in a big bowl. Lower the butter into the dry components with a pastry blender or two knives till the combination has the feel of coarse meal.
- Add the cream and blend in with a fork till a dough varieties. Mud a piece floor and your arms with flour. Collect the dough right into a ball.
- Knead the dough gently for about 1 minute. Flatten the dough ball after which roll out with a frivolously floured rolling pin, shaping the dough right into a rectangle or oval that matches the highest of your casserole dish; reduce into rounds if utilizing ramekins.
- Lay the dough on high of the berries within the casserole dish or ramekins. In a small bowl, whisk the egg with 1 tablespoon water till milky. Brush the dough with the egg wash and sprinkle with the turbinado sugar.
7. Bake the cobbler till the topping is golden brown, about 35 minutes. Let relaxation for at the very least 10 minutes earlier than serving. Serve with ice cream